Conservation Employees’ Credit Union is dedicated to not only the financial success of its members, but also the educational accomplishments that they pursue. It is for this reason that we offer student loans to qualified members seeking academic success. Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for a student loan:
- The student must be enrolled on a full-time basis in an accredited college, university or technical training program.
- The student must provide proof of enrollment and a letter from admissions.
- The student may need a qualified co-maker unless able to provide proof of full-time employment, an established credit report and an acceptable debt-to-income ratio.
- The student must reapply and establish creditworthiness each year.
- The student must be a member in good standing at CECU.
- The student must notify the credit union immediately upon leaving an educational program.
The credit union provides two options for student loan terms and repayment.
Option 1: Interest-Only Payment While Enrolled In School
The student may borrow up to $10,000 per calendar year and may carry no more than $40,000 in principal under this program. While the student is satisfactorily enrolled in an approved program, they must make semi-annual, interest-only payments at the rate of 6%. Payments of principal and interest must commence six months following undergraduate graduation, discontinuation of enrollment or the fifth anniversary of the loan origination. Repayment of this loan may be amortized for a period of ten years. For an Interest-Only Student Loan application, click here.
Option 2: Principal And Interest Payment While Enrolled In School
The student may borrow up to $15,000 per calendar year and may carry no more than $60,000 in principal under this program. Interest and principal payment will begin within 45 days of the loan disbursement, and loan terms shall not exceed six years. The interest rate for this option is 3.5%. For Principal & Interest Student Loan application, click here.
Student Consolidation Loan
Even if you didn’t get your student loans from Conservation Employees’ Credit Union, you can still get the great rates and service of your credit union with a Student Consolidation Loan. These loans are available at a rate of 6%, with a maximum loan amount of $40,000 and maximum loan term of ten years. For a Consolidation Student Loan application, click here.
To learn more about these Student Loan options, contact a CECU Loan Officer at (573) 522-4000 or toll free at (888) 897-2323.